Thursday, December 30, 2010

Getting Disqualified and What It Means

"I got disqualified! What does this mean?"

If you were like me back in my newbie days, you're probably wondering what getting disqualified means. At first, whenever I disqualified for a survey, I would be happy to see how fast I completed that particular survey. I would then scratch my head and wonder why I didn't earn any points for taking that survey after I check my total earnings. It took me a few days to realize that getting disqualified will not earn you any money (or very, very little).

Getting disqualified for a survey means just that. You are unqualified to take that certain survey, and because of this, you are screened out and not given any money as form of compensation. Reasons for not qualifying for a survey are wide, but the most common faults are your demographics (age, income, etc.) and knowing too little or too much about any given topic. Also, if you are the primary decision-maker for a lot things, you will qualify for many surveys.

When you don't qualify for a survey, (which will be often while you're just beginning) depending on the company you did the survey for, you will get a small amount of money for just trying. This amount is usually sweepstakes entries (pretty much worthless) or a few cents (better), but never more than a dollar. The most I've seen is twenty-five cents.

There's nothing that hurts more than getting disqualified for a survey you've been at for over ten minutes. It happens. Instances have occurred where I reach 100% only to be disqualified. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

"How do you know whether you disqualified for a survey or not?"

Usually when you are disqualified, you redirected to a screen that usually says something along the lines of, "Sorry, but the quota for this survey is filled," or, "Sorry, you've been screened out of the survey."

It's easy to get discouraged when you receive these messages.













But if you keep on attempting more surveys, you will eventually qualify and complete some of them.